Saturday, July 16, 2016

Shalini's wedding

So last week I went back to KL for nearly a week due to the Raya holidays. It was a much awaited holiday for me from the stress of my new work (that I am experiencing nearly everyday at work). It was also my chance to open my Eternal Masters box, which I am sharing with my bro (which he still haven't pay me back). And most importantly it is to attend my friend's wedding, Shalini's wedding. I was surprised she invited me to her wedding a few months back. Luckily it's in a holiday week so I can attend. Travelling all the way from Penang for a holiday is not exactly cheap.

For the Eternal Master box, the outcome was so-so. Not really profitable but it do cover back the cost. Since I wanted the cards, why not gamble a box for it right? Sucky that there is no rare or mythic foils. Bummer...

The wedding dinner was held at a hotel. It was nicely done, with a lot of people. I see a lot of non-Malaysian too. I wasn't sitting with Edward as I was slotted in last minute (due to some misunderstanding). But surprisingly, I was seated with some Australians, Shalini's bridesmaid and a long lost friend... ex crush of mine, Grace Lee. She was my first love in secondary school (for 4 years) before she left for Australia (I didn't confessed to her cause I know it wouldn't work out). Alright, I was a super shy guy that time too...

Aaaaaanyway, somehow my heart is starting to react. Must be due to my hormone imbalance. She wasn't THAT pretty or cute, still a tomboy. Yes her dress was nice. But in the deep dark corners of my mind I was thinking 'She turned out not bad... I wonder if I should...'! I should have knocked my head on the wall then, HARD.

Being hit by a lvl 1 cupid arrow, I tried my best to act cool and chat with her as steady as I can. Luckily I'm not that old shy guy anymore or else there will be total silence between the 2 of us for the whole night. Oh yeah, did I tell you about the story where we chatted once, a long long time ago, on MSN messenger? She hit me with the question, online, 'Did you like me before in school?'. I was dumbstrucked, but being the honest guy I am I replied 'Yes'. I forgotten how it went after that because it was totally awkward for me (lucky it was online else I would have been hit by a heart attack and died). I guess she didn't mind or have forgotten about it, as we chatted like normal friends while having dinner. A small part of me was sad that night...

The food was ok, but my favorite was the brownies. Man I should have taken more that night, it was AWESOME. We took a picture together with Shalini. It was a night to remember. I am still thinking of her for the next few days. Me being me, sigh...


No comments:

It's her birthday, again

 So today is 'her' birthday. The old me will be thrilled. It's like one of the most important date of the year, as important as ...